Read Your Way – ebooks for people who read differently.
Bookshare makes reading easier. People with dyslexia, blindness, Cerebral pulse, and other reading barriers can customize their preference to suit their reading style and find virtually any book they need for school, work or the joy of reading.
Blind SA Bookshare was launched on 26 October 2020. Our members can access HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of e-books in accessible formats. Readers can listen to books in audio, read in braille, enlarged font sizes and audio + highlighted texts. Members can also enjoy the experience of reading various kinds of books including Educational Books, Career Resources, Award-Winning Titles, Young Adult Novels, Children’s Books, Bestsellers, Nonfiction, Periodicals etc.
Apart from accessing huge collections of readings in accessible formats, Blind SA Bookshare is user friendly.
- Educational Books
- Career Resources
- Award-Winning Titles
- Young Adult Novels
- Children’s Books
How Blind SA Bookshare Helps
- Alternative formats: ebooks in audio, audio + highlighted text, large text, braille
- Huge collection: books for school, career, and pleasure reading
- Choose your device: computers, tablets, smartphones, braille devices, and more
- The Bookshare User friendly features allow fast and simple document conversion.
- Our members can access any readings from any device of their choice such as Victor readers, Stratus, computers, tablets, smartphones, braille devices, and more. On a Windows computer, readers can access Blind SA Bookshare using FSReader with Jaws and Magic, or free programs like DDReader or Amis. On smart phones they can use the free EasyReader app or the paid app, Voice Dream Reader
- Additionally Blind SA Bookshare is entirely free, you do not need to pay a penny to enjoy the experience of utilizing it.
Members must be blind or visually impaired to join Bookshare.
How It Works
Simple! On your device open your favourite reading app, search for a title, download it, and start reading. The following are some of the ways in which you can read:
- On dedicated devices like the Victor Stream or Stratus or similar devices;
- On a Windows computer using FSReader included with Jaws, or free programs like DDReader or Amis;
- On smart phones using the free EasyReader app or the paid app, Voice Dream Reader.
Sign Up for Blind SA Bookshare Today